Friday, June 5, 2009

Accidental Tour of Harrisburg


Good day to one and all!!!


I hope you are all well. Just thought I'd check in and give a little introduction to my day. :0)

I worked with Pastor Gerald this morning in the BCM (Brethren Community Ministries) parts, doing food distribution and the like. I was introduced to quite a few characters that I am looking forward to getting to know as my Friday Mornings are spent helping them out. People start lining up for the food at 7:00am when the weather permits, and they normally let people in at 11:00am after the optional bible study for those collecting food. I am amazed to say they get through everyone by 12:00pm and close up shop.

At one my Grandparents arrived for me to take them to the airport, since they are letting me borrow thier car for the summer! (Thank you Grandma and Grandpa!!!) We managed to get turned around quite a few times before we made it to the airport, but luckily we did! Yay!! I then took my own private tour of PA as I tried to find my way through the hood and back home where I am staying.

This evening, I went with Heather (my hostess) and her son Tim (4) and his friend Tomas (5) to a Strawberry Festical at Ridgeway COB. It was a lot of fun, but MAN Tim and Tom were incredibly hyper and gave me a whole new respect for Heather. She is an incredible mom to be sure. I ate Strawberry Shortcake was content with my existance. :0P

Well I am off to go to sleep, I have a big day tomorrow. Belita and I are getting up wicked early, and traveling to a neighboring COB for an Annual Conference Breifing. Need to be ready to go by 7:15am, that's 4:15am CA time. Pity me. ;0)

Love you all!!! I'll write again tomorrow, if time permits.
Love
~ME
p.s. Cultural Difference of the Day: The traffic lights are WAY smaller, and street signs...... what street signs? I've been guessing which streets are which.....some ally ways are also named as streets....even though they are allys... Thank you Harrisburg, PA. ALSO. The speed limit on the freeway is 55mph. Good thing to know. ;0)
AND ALSO.
there are loads of one way streets... it can be confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment