
Hello friends and family!!!!!
6 weeks down and 4 to go!! It's gone by SO fast, crazy huh? I hope the next four go by just as fast, and also not as fast. lol. I just know that when I get to the end of my time here I won't be able to wait to get home, but I'm going to be SO sad to leave at the same time. I've made some awesome friends here, and have created from awesome relationships that I want to keep beyond the summer. One part of me can't visualize myself living, and the other part of me never left home. Hmmmmm, well God will sort me out thankfully. haha.
Today was a pretty fun day. I spent all my time working on VBS stuff. I made a surf board!!!! I painted it, and cut it out! I almost died doing it... lol. That knife thinger is pretty dangerous. but don't worry I dominated it. Bwahahahaha.
A friend came to help us out today in terms of painting and she is a WIZARD with paint and art and things. She painted a back ground scene for out stage that was ultimately the best thing ever. lol. Apparently this church hasn't done much in terms of VBS in the past years. Like NOTHING. No decorations or costumes or anything. So what we are doing for next week is going to be like Disneyland for these kids. I am so excited to be a part of it... and to have contributed a SURF BOARD....made of cardboard...but made with SO much love.... teehee. I'm really happy that these kids are going to get a taste of how much they are loved for the week.
I'm overall in charge of the dramas. Which means I have a team of three actors, hahaha, including myself and we get to open the VBS night and then do the story-telling and then close the night with a skit. It should be really fun... I'm meeting with my team on Thursday night and kind of planning everything out and running through things. I'm excited to see it fall together. It may be kind of low budget, but it's going to be the BEST ever. :0D
This Sunday, I am also leading worship for the 9am service. And I just got the order of worship down today at the request of Pastor Belita. I'm a little nervous about leading worship cause I haven't done it since before Jr. High. But see that's what life is about, jumping in head first and being unafraid to make mistakes. So here I go, a-mistake making. Wish me luck! lol.
I almost forgot! Highlight of the past week was getting to hang out with my East Coast family! Aunt Sandy came and picked me up last Saturday and we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house to have lunch (which was fantastic!!! Grandma fed us veggies and potatoes from her own garden!). Uncle Ed, Jason, the Grandparents, Aunt Sandy and I were all there. It was really cool to see everyone. I've missed them lots. Then Aunt Sandy, Uncle Ed, and I went to see Transformers. Holy crow that movie was LOUD. I went in with super low expectations and so was not disappointed as others have been. As far as a Micheal Bay big movie, full of explosions, and one liners....it was pretty good. I had fun. Ed and Sandy seemed to enjoy it too, so that made me happy. lol. Ed drove me home and we had a good conversation. I realized some where in the course of the afternoon that I had never hung out with my family without my parents around. It made me miss home, but I really enjoyed getting to see my family with out the eyes of my Parents. :0)
Well I'm fixin' to watch 'The Princess Bride". It's going to be on the ABC family channel. LOL. I haven't had cable in so long, i feel so spoiled. teehee.
I hope you all have a wonderful week, and I'll try to blog again before the week is up. The rest of the week has me out rather late each night and then occupied on Saturday and tied up Sunday...so maybe Monday?
I'll talk to you then.
Love you all so much!!!
Love
~ME
No comments:
Post a Comment