
Dear Family and Friends,
That's right! The blogs are BACK! It's been almost 9 months since I last wrote here, and man has it been an interesting 9 months. I've completed my Junior year at University of Laverne and am currently looking forward to a wonderful senior year full of many lessons to be learned and the promise of new adventure. :0)
As for right now... It's finals week. And I have one final left before I am free for the summer!!! This weekend I'm heading down to San Diego with my lovely boyfriend, to spend some time with my parents and to enjoy some much needed time of rest and relaxation. Woot woot!!!
So here's the deal for this summer. Before leaving Harrisburg last summer, I emailed a friend of mine back home asking if he was in need of a jr. high leader. Well he totally was, and when I got home I started working with the Glenkirk Jr. High youth group in Glendora, California. SOOOO much fun, lemme tell you. A few months ago, I offered to be the Jr. High Intern for the church during the summer and Scott, the Jr. High Pastor, was totally into it. I even rigged it so that I get the same scholarship I got last year! WIN! WELL - ah yes, the story gets better.... a few weeks ago we learned that our Director of Student Ministries, Jenn Graffius, has decided to leave her position at Glenkirk and move on to bigger and better things in L.A. This is a very exciting time for her, and though I'm going to miss her - i am so excited for what God has for her in L.A.
This means however, that Scott needs to take over High School Ministry for the summer which landed me being in charge of the JH group. EXCITEMENT. and also - SCARED. hahaha. Aside from running a Jr. High small group my senior year of high school, I've never really been in charge of a full program before. It will be a great challenge for me, but I am completely up for it.
I've discovered that God likes to put me in places of transition. I'm like a ministry band-aide. :0) and I don't mind. This summer will be a great determinant for my future in ministry, in more ways than one I'm sure.
In addition to my internship, I am also going to be doing some awesome readings!! SO excited. I'm currently reading two books: Middle School Ministry by Mark Oestreicher and A Legacy of Love by Dr. Arun Ghandi. So It is likely that you will hear my thoughts on these readings as well.
I'm looking forward to blogging again this summer, and hopefully you enjoy reading! Don't be afraid to leave comments and start conversations. I'm totally into that.
With much love and energy,
Jen
Ooo. Oops. Middle School Ministry was co-written by Mark O. and Scott Rubin. Just a minor note there. :0)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to read Jen!! It'll make not seeing you everyday a little bit tolerable hahaha I miss you already!
ReplyDelete