Monday, August 22, 2011

Positively Positive.

Life hardly ever goes the way you plan it. I think that's one of the quirks of being human, we plan and then plans don't happen or they happen differently. I'm learning however that it's how we deal with the future God has planned rather than the future WE planned that makes us who we are.
So this year, instead of doing as we planned, Matt and I are staying in California and I am on a hunt for a job. Huzzah! I am actually feeling ridiculously positive about this turn of events. Taking a year off of school may end up being the perfect time for Matt and I to figure out who we are as a couple, and what we want to do with our life together. It'll be a time of ministry for both of us in whatever way we see fit! I'm going to continue helping out at Glenkirk in the Jr. High dept, and Matt and I may be starting up a ministry of our own. ;0)
Also - the BIGGEST perk of not moving this summer was the addition of the cutest member of our family. Our new doggy, Dizzy. :0) She's about the cutest thing I've ever met in my life and so far I love taking care of her. She likes to curl up next to me when I read, and watch TV with me and Matt. She also likes kids, dogs, cats, and really - people in general. I'm sorta in love with her.
Also, we discovered that she is an incredibly fast runner. Like FAST. Matt even had a hard time keeping up with her. :0)
Well today I am off to my first interview with Barnes and Noble. Wish my luck!! I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment