
Gooooooooooooood Morning Vietnam!!!! (name that movie.... HINT - i gave it away....)
Hope this blog is read with happy eyes. I love you all so dearly, and I miss you just as much. To start off with, the homesickness is completely bearable now. I'm just a little hungry at the moment... which has nothing to do with homesickness. So thanks for praying! It'll probably pop up again before the summer is out, but for now I'm doing alright. :0) Jesus is so cool.
For purposes later in this blog:
Kim = a member of First Church, she lives literally next door to the Church and makes sure the building is locked every night and that the parking lot is locked on the weekends. She also serves on various committees.... I'm not sure what she does beyond that, but she has a lovable edge to her. Most people are afraid what's going to come out of her mouth, but she is great with kids and does her best to live the best she can.
Marisel = i've already talked about, but she's my homegirl for sure. teehee. She's the Pastor of Hispanic Ministries, and the part time Administrative assistant. She's superwoman. lol.
My day today was quite pleasant. I woke up, got my booty to church and worked on the church directory until 12, when Marisel, Kim, and I went to Pastor Belita's for lunch. Now lemme tell you something my dear friends, Pastor Belita is a true Brethren. teehee. She found out what my favorite kind of lunch was, (grilled cheese and tomato soup, for those inquiring minds) found out the kind of cheese I like, and then she went and made it for lunch today! But it was like gourmet type of food my people. It was also, like a three course meal!!! To start off with we had watermelon and honeydew (which I called green stuff, until Kim corrected me with a giggle), and some wonderful homemade iced-tea sweetened to perfection. After this beautiful beginning, Belita brought over the Tomato soup....oh my dear goodness. It was the best tomato soup ever.... i ate it right up. It was all creamy, and tasty and GOOD. lol. The sandwichs came next (which i promptly started dipping in my tomato soup) and they were scrumscious. yuuuuuuuuummmm. And just when you think you're done...Belita brings over some homemade cheesecake with choice of blueberries and strawberries. Needless to say at the end of this meal... i was STUFFED. but oh man it was great. FANtastic. *happy sigh* Us brethren and our food....wowza.
The rest of the afternoon was great. I had a date with the filing cabinet in the office, and man did we tango. I got that thing in a whole mess of order. teehee. I finished with that thing around 4:30, and then started doing some stuff for the newsletter for the church called "The Growing Edge". Catchy huh? I got it all proofed, and Belita and I figured out how to make it into a PDF file. Woot woot, go Pastor!!! and then I got it sent out to the Masses. It was swell. I feel like a got some stuff done today. :0D Huzzah!!!
Then I came home and turned on the T.V. to discover. "Touched by an Angel" okay...now who remembers that show? I LOVED that show as a kid. It was probably one of my favorites. I just loved Monica, Andrew, and Tess. They were like my heroes. I hadn't seen that show in such a long ol' time. Watching it now, i realize the acting is somewhat horrible, and the writing is.... also pretty bad... but the messages meant to be conveyed are totally awesome!!! Today's episode was kind of a rehashing of many episodes focused on Tess, kind of the mother angel. There was a filing and permanent records clerk from upstairs, who had read all of tess's files and totally loved her... so he wanted to be just like her!! But Monica and Andrew were trying to convince him that, we all serve God in different ways. This guy could turn filing into a way of Praising God, just like Tess turns every song into a prayer. It was just cool. A good reminder, for this intern, that the grunt work is a great way of praising God too. It's just as important to the Church as hanging out with Kids and singing in the Praise Band. :0)
During "Touched by an Angel" I saw.....dun dun DUUUUUUUNN.... A mouse!!!! I think there might be two of them now actually. I am going to name them Mickey and Minnie Mouse and try to make friends so they don't poop on my stuff or try to crawl up on my bed and sleep with me. I'm not a fan of that. They can have their corner...and i'm going to stay in mine. YIKES. I need to get my food up where they can't get to it...... hold on..... *brief pause* okeeday... I'm back and hopefully my food is safe. Phew.... close one.
Well I had better go before this gets too long. I love you all so so so dearly, and I can't wait to see you all again at the end of the summer. I love you!
Love
~ME
p.s. I love Matt.
Awww this is so awesome! It sounds like they are so welcoming! And of course they had to make your favorite food lol. Glad you hear you attacked that filling cabinet. Show no mercy on that thing! heehee. I miss you dearly and will still be praying for you!
ReplyDelete<3
DD