
Hello ya'll. :0D
Today was my first monday at work. I know right? I've been here round abouts two weeks, and it's my first monday. That's what we get when we go home for Sister's graduation. lol. Oh well, it was well worth it.
So I get monday morning's off, which means I don't have to go into work until 1pm. YAY!....? lol. i went in at 11:30 today cause I didn't know I didn't have to be in until 1pm. Well....life happens. So i slept in until 9am this morning, and then got up...ate some foodies... and got out my guitar and played for about an hour to so. probably longer... like until 11. so about an hour and a half. Special shout out to my super hero of a boyfriend for teaching me how to change a guitar string over the Internet. I love you!!!!! :0*
Work today was shockingly like work back home. I got dive head first into a filing system that is in desperate need of medical attention. lol. Not really, but it needs help, and so I'm trying to help it. My favorite moment with that filing cabinet so far was finding a baby consecration bulletin inside the funeral bulletin folder. 0_0 It was fantastic. I laughed. But I managed to make a lot of headway in the re-filing of that cabinet, and i was actually sad to leave. Though i could have stayed longer if I wanted to....this whole flexible hours thing is new to me.... and i think i'll just have to adjust to it. I was also needing to staple something and the stapler was jammed.... hahha, so i tried to fix it..... no go. it was stubborn and horrible. Pastor Belita was working on it when I left. lol. and also...my sunglasses fell apart. one of the screws came loose and fell out. So no more sunglasses for Jen. Et tu Brute!!!!! *sigh*
I think the best part of the day was getting to debrief with Belita about what happened at youth group the previous night. What happened? you may find yourself asking...what happened was this...
The kids were all crazy. I think, unfortunately, it's a regular occurrence. They were bouncing off the walls, and refused to respond to orders. It's REALLY hard not to raise your voice when they are getting completely out of control. It took Josiah about 30 minutes to get a game started for them to play..cause they wouldn't stay still or stay quiet for longer than a minute...and not even then. It was a madhouse. The bible lesson Josiah tried to give them was not listened to. They talked, or did cell phone stuff, or made eyes at one another from across the tables. I don't even remember what Josiah was talking about because i was trying to gage whether anyone was taking in what he was saying. Maybe one kid was...maybe. Something has to change in this youth group. It is SO clear to me. But i can't change it on my own. I can't wait to sit down and chat with Josiah about the kids and brainstorm ideas to make it better. *ponders*
We are supposed to go bowling next week, but Josiah said that if they act anywhere near how they acted last night, they aren't going. Jeepers.
So it was really good to talk to Belita about that, and also run down through some of the other ministry experiences went. I am beginning to see how I am supposed to fit in here, and it's going to stretch me..that's for sure. I'm up to the challenge and I can't wait to see how things play out.
Thanks oodles from you Praying bunch. I still miss everyone loads, but the homesickness is getting better and easier to deal with. I'm trying to put my energy into my job description and creating tasks to do with in that description. We shall see how that goes.
Well i am getting pretty darn hungry... so I'm going to go get some food, and then do some homework. lol. I am leading the music for sunday school hour for the next month while the regular person is away on vacation, so i have that curriculum to look at. And then also, i got a folder full of info from Pastor Gerald in terms of Agape-Satyagraha, which is the conflict resolution class taught at the church on Wednesday nights. So yay!!! We'll see how far into those i get....
I love you all, and I hope to hear from you soon!
Love
Love
~ME
No comments:
Post a Comment